Saturday, December 4, 2010

Entry #12: Feeling of Joy, Heaven and Nature Sing!

Hi All:
This twilight's December evening could not be more romantic. The sky is a light and  streaky dark grey with cold craggy branches that pricker the skyline. There is remains of a snow dust from our recent flurry that has set all the Christmas lights a twinkling. The winter's night and days illuminate the joy of nature, which is heavenly in every way.  


Joy is an under used word. I do not hear it often, (when people are expressing themselves) but I see it in people's eyes when they are in the company of people they love and when with their animals. 


While in the crush of Christmas, we have the nice songs that we hear very often round town and everywhere else. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love "Silent Night". "Joy to the World" is a good one too because of "heaven and nature sing".  I have been singing this my whole life but it never really dawned on me until I opened up my holiday card from Patricia Luzzi of  (www.isisessentials.com). She nails these ideas and visions every single time. Thank you Patricia!


On a dim note today (12/15/2010), there has been an devastation at our local beach this week (Gilgo Beach, our swimming and surfing backyard). Four beautiful women lost their lives along our beaches due to very unfortunate circumstances. The situation has left this community in a state of disbelief and sadness. Helicopters have been swarming from my house to the beach and back to airport (just behind my house) looking for another missing woman (but now that theory has been put to rest, I think). Our hearts are broken for their families and everyone wishes they were there to help those girls who were so cold and afraid and lost out there.


As we say our tiny prayers daily and as Adele Reese Bisagni (one of my most important spiritual guides), once said, "I dial direct." And when we get them on the line we say, oh dear spirit (wherever you are) thank you so much for all that you do, all the time. Thanks for these mittens that fit Brady (but don't match, who cares get over it)! Thank you for all of my friends who are my family (no matter what, always and forever) thank you for keeping us warm and mostly for giving us all the laughter- all these years! Honestly can't thank him enough for that.  


Nature always comes up in these love discussions but it provides the most dramatic impression, for me.  Even though the trees are bristling from the bitter cold, they always seem to provide warm cover to the birds and for the critters that sleep deep inside of them. 


I do not have any curtains in my windows so I am always looking and searching for the next marvelous happening. The  laws of nature run like clock work. It is supposed to be like this, laws of nature are absolute. Right? Right. The sun's brilliant rise and the morning's long drawn cardinal's chirping to dusk's final call. I will never tire of nature's abundances. 


Here are some words (of our poets are know for sure) that convey that heaven and nature sure do sing, how lovely:


"Each season has its own wonder, it's own special place, and
     purpose in the pattern of creation. -Unknown





The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy."
                                                                                    - Henry Ward Beecher





With all the joy and heaven and nature singing there has been a lot of chaos and holiday preparation. I got over myself at least 1 million times this week, it was great because I always need to get over myself. 


All that I can do is keep the pace going on the path to light (in my moments of denial)  because it is Christmas (a wonderful time in life), do my work, love my family (who are my friends too) and keep my thoughts and heart in the right place. 


Thank you all for taking the time to read in your busy days. Pray for the animals and children who need us in so many ways.  


Please all be very well.


With Love and Sincerely,
Kristen




2 comments:

  1. Kristen, you are my favorite poet, hands down. Your words ring with so much truth and beauty. Keep shining your light. Love your new profile pic too. You look gorgeous! Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi suzy
    oh girl thanks so much. you have to know you are and will always be
    my iinspiration. even with all of my punctuation issues? you are much too kind. i am very excited to have that cup of tea with you in my kitchen when you come home to the big apple. love you so much.
    love
    kk

    ReplyDelete