Thank heaven for autumn's rainbow. The season's golden sunlight, calm breeze and baby pumpkins give us the joy of a new season and the hope for today. The falling leaves have begun their dance party of ruby red and sunset yellow, giving us a glimpse of Fall's spectacular firework show!
As the chirpy Robins and darling Sparrows try to dazzle us today, our hearts are heavy because we miss our beloved family member who entered heaven only 20 days ago. But now she can be the fierce (fighting for the good) and tender angel she was always meant to be. We know that she is safe in the arms of the brightest light of all.
I am thankful to my family, friends and community who have shared their understanding of the principles (prayers) associated with Narcotics Anonymous. The prayer Just For Today has helped millions of people stay substance abuse free and attain emotional control for their well being. Is emotional control-- calm, and peaceful happiness? I am not sure, but it is a good start.
Just For Today
- I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my life problems at once.
- I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
- I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot.
- I will improve my mind, I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
- I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not to interrupt when someone else is talking.
- I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
- I will do something positive to improve my health, maybe take a brisk walk, even it's only around the block.
- I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.
July 18th -- Compassionate Character
"With three-quarters of their birth influences, their female polarity, water the Moon-heightening their powers of receptiveness, intuition, and empathy, it is a small wonder that 7/18 individuals are so understanding, and forgiving, of others' human emotions and weaknesses. How they act on their responsiveness is down to the individual--some may enter the caring professions or volunteer work, which others may express their compassion through creativity--but in so doing, all demonstrate their characteristic determination."--The Birthday Almanac
I could not enter another post without honoring our beloved Sam (a devoted follower and contributor to this blog), whose free spirit, curiosity and determination lead her life--always. Many of us on this blog, loved her completely and very dearly, no matter what was happening with her on any given day! Her journey was unique here and I only wish that when her days felt less hopeful, she could have called any one of us for the comfort and guidance she needed.
With tears streaming down my face, I want to thank you all for reading in your busy days. Let's pray for the young adults, women and children who need our fierce and determined protection at all times.