Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Entry #49: Ruby Red Ballet, Abraham Lincoln's Pride and I Am What You Say I Am Today!


Entry #49: Ruby Red Ballet Show, Abraham Lincoln's Pride and I Am What You Say I Am Today!

Dear All:

Super Sandy was devastating to so many people, animals and the environment, I do not have the words to describe the experience. 

Autumn in the Northeast is breathtaking. The season smiles at us, as the leaves say good bye to their friends the trees and perform their ruby red ballet show. It is Fall's spectacular rainbow at its best. The sun's yellow warmth is a comfort, as we prepare for winter's harsh command. 

The nests light up early as the cardinals' chirp and again at twilight's flash, with their bell like ringing calls.  My spirit is bright as I observe the bird's dance in the back yard today, (11/21/12).

Tweet
  1. Autumn's rainbow illuminates every tree, bush and branch today, (11/21/12).
As we just saluted Veteran's Day, there are many individuals to thank for our freedom and pride. In particular, our 16th president whose persistence carried him through a failed business, losing in Congress and as Vice President, nominee. Mr. Lincoln valued human rights and guided the States through the Civil War. Let's applaud him for confronting the dark side of racism and abolishing slavery through The Emancipation Proclamation, 1/1/1863. President Lincoln knew that his determination would be rewarded some day.

Tweet
  1. "I will prepare, and some day my day will come."--Abraham Lincoln
As the red, yellow, and orange fun continues outside and the leaves wave goodbye, I continually check myself when I see the power of others and their "own reality." We have different life experiences, so surely we have different realities, right? Why do we believe others should have a similar view point to our own and even better, when we become unhappy about it? If I am detaching in order to be productive,  1) I am not judging (which is self serving, right?) 2) I can listen because it is not about me 3) I have no conflict 4) I am what you say I am 5) I am present 6) I can empathize 7) I am relieved 8) I am reducing my own noise 9) I am not attaching to others actions 9) I am not reacting (thank god) 10) I am in control of myself! 

Tweet(s)
  1. "Everyone has their own reality."--Maureen Flood
  2. "I am what you say I am today."--unknown tweet of 2011
If we celebrate the ruby red ballet in the backyard, while comprehending the sacrifices people have made for others (cause they had/have no fucking choice) and losing our ideas on what we believe is correct (of others), then nothing can go that wrong, right?

Let's pray for the women, children and animals that need our determined protection at all times!

Love and Sincerely,
Kristen

7 comments:

  1. So great, Kristen--you talk about such complex things to colorfully and straightforwardly! Never thought about all of Lincoln's failures--wow, that is a lesson in sticking with one's vision, eh? Keep on bringing us the good word, Kristen, and Happy Thanksgiving! I'm giving thanks for your clear vision today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season, especially in the Northeast. You describe it so poetically. Ruby red ballet. Wonderful! I'm so sorry about the devastation Sandy caused. Thankfully you and your family were spared the worst of it but I know others weren't. I'm sorry I haven't called to check in. I've been so busy. Deidre filled me in a bit. Anyway, hope you're having a fabulous Thanksgiving. Sending you lots of love from California. Will call you soon. Keep shining the bright light here on your blog. Love it! xoxo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krissy! So good to see you back here describing the Autumn in the Northeast with such finesse! I am flummoxed when I think of the freeing of the slaves way back in the 1800's and here we are in the 21st century and still, there is so much hate and racism among Americans. Makes me sad that some people feel this way about their neighbors. How do we rid our country of this despicable behavior? Good thing we are still able to notice the beauty of the seasons and take the time to give thanks for all the good that still lives in our hearts despite the ugliness that lives in others.

    Again, welcome back and thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts with us. xo Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ginger:

    We can be thankful for Lincoln's perseverance on one of our bad days. He was a hero knowing that human life be treasure no matter what the cost.

    The egos he must have endured, oh boy!

    Thank you for following and participating.

    Best,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue

    Sandy was a storm that we cannot describe. Its silence was so creepy, there was a rainbow, actually that tried to cheer everyone up, before they went back to their homes.

    On a hard day, it is only fair to see all of the good, because there is a lot of love and warmth in the world, on the coldest day.

    Love ya thank you for inspiring me in a way I cannot describe.

    Love
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liz

    You are such a wonderful contributor to this blog! Thank you for loving it and illuminating me on your poetry all the way from Norther Cali!

    Perhaps Northern Cali is where the poetry began, right?

    Take care and hope to get to your blog very soon.

    Love
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete